Thursday, May 5, 2011

"And They Overcame By the Blood Of The Lamb" Rev 12:11

Last weekend at our annual Womens Seminar at church I watched many of my sisters in Christ courageously share card board testimonies of what Christ has done in their life. There is the initial testimony of our savation, the assured moment we accept Christ as savior and then subsuquent testimonies of passages of death we go through as believers. Some cried as they publically shared how Christ has given them new life in Him. It was so powerful and moving. The theme for the weekend was the Cross. "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten SON that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16"
Timing is everything and the weekend prior to the seminar was Easter or better described as "Resurrection Day" as we celebrate the "Risen Lord Jesus." Those who have accepted Jesus as Savior have a testimony of life before Christ and life after Christ whether we are 4 years old or 104 when we ask Him in our heart and acknowledge our sin and our need of His forgiveness and grace through His death and sacrifice on the cross.
One of the sessions that really spoke to me was "My response to the cross." As I consider my Jesus, and what He did for me, how am I going to let Him live through me for the rest of my days. My prayer is rid me of myself I belong to You. Lead me to lay my life down for You to love others through me. God's overwhelming love for us compells us to lay down our life for Him. One of the ways we can do that is to share with this lost world what Jesus has freed us from. "And they OVERCAME him by the blood of the lamb and by the word of their testimony. Rev 12:11" Everytime I share testimony of what Jesus has done through my life a piece of me is healed. When we give our life away in faith abandoning self for Jesus, He is pleased and glorifyied and we overcome. When His love so fills our heart we can't help but want to share it with all those around us. His love through us loving others. We do it for them to know Jesus because of our love for them. His love is unending and increases giving us capacity to love more and more. Jesus IS the fountain of life and He gives living water. The Holy spirit living in us enables our love for them to exceed our self-preservation. His love for them moves us beyond our fear to walk in full faith and surrender and it becomes all Him and no longer us. Genuine love comes from God, not us, it can't come from us. We don't have it in us to produce a pure, genuine love. Only Jesus perfect sacrifice on the cross atones for all our sin and forgiveness we need to genuinely love others with His love.
I have a gift of evangelism. God has given me a desire to teach and encourage others to share their testimonies of God's work in their life. I have always been encouraged to hear and read testimonies of how God delivered believers giving me hope that if He could do it for them, He could do it for me. He has. I encourage you if you have never written out what the Lord has done for you to do so. It will be healing and freeing and I promise you the Lord will bring someone or many in your path to share what He has done. The blood of the lamb has covered you to speak HIS truth and by this you will overcome. His kingdom is an unseen army of angels He gives His charge over us to stand in our place and enables us to speak the word of truth. As members of His Kingdom He empowers us with His authority.
More to share on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment